- East Valley Children’s Theatre is searching for aspiring playwrights to become a part of the theatre’s future seasons of performances. Contest rules and prizes are listed below.
- All plays must be submitted to East Valley Children’s Theatre no later than March 1, 2018.
- Playwrights must include a cover sheet with name, address, phone number and email address
- Plays must be suitable for children to perform and for an audience of children. (Plays with small casts are not as likely to be chosen for performance; casts of 15 or more are preferred)
- Plays must be 60-90 minutes in length. Shorter plays may be submitted but will not be considered for a seasonal theatrical production.
- Plays and musicals must not have been previously performed. They must be original and unpublished.
- Musicals must include a copy of the music in either manuscript or audio recording format.
- Playwrights are not required to pay an entry fee.
* The first place entry will receive a $500 cash prize, a stipend for travel, and will be produced by East Valley Children’s Theatre in its upcoming season, if it meets all the criteria for performance. Second and third place winners will be announced and recognized.
• Winner will be announced in April, 2018
Send entries to:
East Valley Children’s Theatre
P.O. Box 20514
Mesa, AZ 85277-0514
Or email them to: Karen@evct.org
For more information or questions call EVCT at 480-756-3828.