This year’s theme for the festival will be #RESIST.
Submissions will be accepted through March 1st 2018
EMAIL YOUR SUBMISSION TO:
We encourage our writers to interpret this to address something that they are passionate about that is relevant right now, and are looking for diversity and a broad spectrum of perspectives. International and immigrant voices are highly encouraged - foreign language plays with translation will be accepted.
Five short plays/musicals will be accepted and presented in a rehearsed staged reading format and given a one-night performance in NYC in April 2018. Each performance will be followed by a panel discussion focusing on the issues explored in the piece, with a post-show reception to follow. By combining passionate artists and knowledgeable speakers we hope to raise consciousness and unite communities through the medium of live theatre.
SEEKING SUBMISSIONS THAT ARE…
- Unpublished, previously unproduced plays/musicals without pending professional productions (previous readings or workshops acceptable)
- Focused on an interpretation of the theme, #RESIST.
- One-act length, no longer than 90 minutes
- No larger than eight actors (multiple roles allowed if doubling is feasible and consistent with the overall flow of the piece)
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
- Submit as a PDF file that includes a title page with name(s) of playwright(s) and MP3s of any musical numbers
- Include a three-line synopsis of submission, which idea inspired you, and a short bio for playwright(s)
- There is no fee for submissions
- Limit of two submissions per playwright
We look forward to reading your work!
For more information on last years festival click HERE or email email@example.com