Thank you for your interest in The Playwrights Realm and our open submission programs, the Writing Fellowship and Scratchpad Series!
Submission deadline is Sunday, March 4th, 2018, at 11:59PM EST.
General application requirements:
Program-specific online application form. (Click here to see application question details)
A theatrical résumé. (PDF format. Bios will not be accepted in lieu of résumé)
A complete draft of the play you wish to develop, with your name and play title on a cover page (PDF format)
Music samples, if applicable. (Scratchpad Series only)
OPTIONAL professional reference or letter of recommendation.
Please carefully read program requirements below, then select the application form that corresponds to your interest.
Apply for the Writing Fellowship ONLY
To apply for the Writing Fellowship you must:
Be able to attend meetings and events in New York City approximately twice monthly from September, 2018, through early June, 2019.
Have a script that would benefit from a nine-month, intensive development process.
Note that musicals and one-person shows are not eligible for the Writing Fellowship.
Please review complete Writing Fellowship eligibility requirements and FAQ HERE
Apply for Scratchpad Series ONLY
To apply for Scratchpad Series you must:
Have a script that would benefit from dramaturgical conversation with The Realm and a 15-hour developmental reading process. (Plays can be anything from a rough first draft to a play that is close to production-ready.)
Be able to be present in New York City for a reading process of between 3-6 days, at a time agreed upon by both you and The Realm.
Please review complete Scratchpad Series eligibility requirements and FAQ HERE
Apply to BOTH programs simultaneously
To use the dual application form you must:
Be able to attend Writing Fellowship meetings and events in New York City approximately twice monthly from September, 2018, through early June, 2019. If this is not the case please apply to Scratchpad Series only.
Be able to be present in New York City for the duration of a Scratchpad Series process of between 3-6 days, at a time agreed upon by both you and The Realm.
Note that musicals and one-person shows are not eligible for the Writing Fellowship. If you are submitting a musical please apply to Scratchpad Series only.
Understand that you are applying to both programs with a single script.
For general overview information and FAQ click HERE
Please select the ONE application form.
To access an application form you will be asked to create a secure User ID and log in. This will enable you to save drafts as you work and verify that your application has been received.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- Appalachian Festival of Plays & Playwrights
- The Madison Short Play Festival : Unpresidented
- Through line Artists' Summer Shorts 2018
- Women's Project Theater Lab Applications
- TASN Short Play Festival
- Mass Rhetoric: A New Works Festival 2018
- Attic's Christmas Playwriting Contest & Festival
- Free tickets: THE BENCH (also advisory to those wi...
- Pipedream Productions presents: Piping Hot New Wor...
- Ticket give-away: SHOOTER
- NYCPlaywrights & Ken Wolf's Playwriting Podcast
- IATC First Annual Playwriting Competition
- Ticket give-away: SCOOP
- Next Act New Play Summit 2018
- Helen McCloy Scholarship
- Playwrights’ Revolution 2018
- THE WRITER’S VOICE: Ten Minute Play Festival
- EVCT Aspiring Playwrights
- Playwrights Realm Fellowship & Scratchpad
- NYC One-Act Festival
- Native American New Play Festival 2018
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater PlayFest 2018
- Relative Theatrics Playwrights Voices
- The Philadelphia Women’s Theatre Festival
- CHAGRIN VALLEY LITTLE THEATRE 10-10 FESTIVAL KIDS ...
- 20% Theatre Company Twin Cities submission guideli...
- NYSummerfest 2018
- The Jane Chambers Playwriting Award
- BINGHAM CAMP THEATRE RETREAT
- Edgemar Center for the Arts seeks plays
- Waltzing Mechanics seek documentary plays
- Free ticket give-away: THE BENCH: A HOMELESS LOVE ...
- The Peekskill High School and Middle School Acting...
- Cupcake Lady - Another Taste of Rotten Theatre
- ▼ February (34)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)