Playwrights’ Workshop Montréal, in partnership with the Cole Foundation, is now accepting submissions for the 2018 Glassco Translation Residency. The residency will take place June 13-23, 2018 at the home of the late Bill Glassco, in Tadoussac, Quebec.
The Glassco Translation Residency allows playwrights and translators from across Canada and beyond to come together for ten days in Tadoussac, Quebec, to work in-depth on their translations projects.
The chosen participants are provided with a unique opportunity to focus on their projects and to share expertise in a retreat environment. Translations into all languages are welcomed. Over the past 10 years we have supported translation projects into Cree, French, English, Spanish, Catalan, Cantonese, and Italian. Award-winning translator and playwright, Bobby Theodore, will serve as residency host and translation dramaturg.
We are now accepting submissions of plays that are slated for translation. The play should ideally have had a production in its original language. At least one component of the project needs to be Canadian. We strongly encourage Indigenous artists to apply.
Please send us:
A description of the project which includes the name of the translator and playwright, an indication of how the Residency will benefit the project, and any details on production interest.
Biography of both the playwright and translator
A copy of the play in its original language
One of the selection criteria for translation projects will be the availability of both the playwright and the translator to attend the residency together.
Deadline for submissions is April 14, 2018
Please email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: The Glassco Translation Residency
PDF format, 1 file only
Accessibility details: The residency is in Tadoussac, Québec in an 18th century log home. There are 8 steps down to the entrance of the house. The bathrooms are not wheelchair accessible. Please contact Emma Tibaldo at email@example.com with any questions or queries.
Cliquez ici pour lire l’appel en français : Résidence de Traduction Glassco à Tadoussac 2018
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- Triskelion Arts' Experimental Works Program
- The Arch and Bruce Brown Foundation grant guidelin...
- Punk Monkey Productions seeking one-act plays
- The Business of Theater Workshop
- 2018 Glassco Translation Residency
- Aberrant Theatre is currently seeking short, horro...
- Life-sized Meme productions seeks scripts for 2018...
- Ox-Bow 2018 Fall Writers Residency
- Keegan Boiler Room Series Play and Musical Submiss...
- Happy World Theater Day March 27
- Fade To Black Play Festival
- The Dr. Floyd Gaffney Playwriting Competition 2018...
- Fourth Annual End of The Road New Short Play Festi...
- THEATRE503 PLAYWRITING AWARD 2018
- 9th Annual Festival of Shorts
- Manhattan Rep's SHORT PLAY PROJECT Spring 2018
- Coachella Review seeks drama
- Open Space Arts seeking submissions
- Seeing Between the Lines: The Dramaturg’s Perspect...
- 48-Hour Musicals
- 9Thirty Theatre Company submission guidelines
- Discount tickets: LATER LIFE
- 13th Annual One Act Play Festival (OAPF)
- Rover Dramawerks is seeking full-length comedies o...
- Theatre Conspiracy Annual New Play Contest
- RENEGADE N.O.W. 2018
- Turn to Flesh seeks plays with female protagonists...
- Matchstick Theatre seeks plays
- 21st Annual Aurand Harris Memorial Playwriting Awa...
- Athena Project - Plays in Progress Series
- The P73 Playwriting Fellowship
- THE LESLIE SCALAPINO AWARD FOR INNOVATIVE WOMEN PE...
- Dan I Rodden Jr Play Award
- Brockport Festival of Ten XI
- Playwrights Week at The Lark
- Manhattan Rep's Playwright's Showcase
- 2018 NATIONAL CALL FOR SCRIPTS Environ Justice
- This Round’s On Us: The - Making Sense - Festival ...
- The Petaluma Radio Players seeks plays for radio
- Babes with Blades submission guidelines
- Princess Grace Awards Playwriting Fellowship
- Call for Monologues: Illuminated Dresses
- Scranton Fringe Festival 2018
- Screenwriting Workshop at Primary Stages ESPA
- Whiskey Radio Hour seeks 10-minute plays
- Sixth Theatre Brut Short-Play Festival
- Clutch Productions offers commission to emerging f...
- Elite Theatre Company One-Act Play Writing Competi...
- The Blank Theatre Young Playwrights Festival
- ▼ March (49)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)