The New England Theatre Conference, Inc. announces the 21st Annual Aurand Harris Memorial Playwriting Award
A CONTEST FOR NEW FULL-LENGTH PLAYS for YOUNG AUDIENCES
ENTRY DEADLINE: MAY 1, 2018
WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT: OCTOBER 2018
This award was created in 1997 to honor the late Aurand Harris (1915-1996) for his lifetime dedication to all aspects of professional theatre for young audiences.
A staged reading of the award-winning scripts, or of selected scenes from those scripts, may be given at the annual NETC convention in the fall or on another occasion.
RULES OF ENTRY
• The contest is open to all playwrights.
• The contest is for new full-length plays for young audiences. No musicals nor
plays targeted at adult audiences.
• Plays submitted to the contest must not have been...
1) previously published
2) submitted to NETC’s Gassner Playwriting Contest
3) previously produced by a professional or Equity company.
• Plays submitted which have had workshop productions or staged readings are eligible and encouraged.
• Plays submitted to this contest may have been submitted to another playwriting contest, and may have previously won a prize or an award in another contest. However, such plays must not have been published or professionally produced and must not be under option for publication or professional production.
• Playwrights may submit only one play to the contest in one year.
The play must be submitted, along with:
- a statement that the play will not have been published or professionally produced as of April 15, 2018, and that it is not under option for publication or professional production and will not be under such option as of April 15, 2018.
- a list of the play’s workshop and non-professional productions, if any, and awards received, if any.
ALL manuscripts and enclosures must be emailed to: email@example.com
• Only manuscripts submitted electronically will be considered.
• Winners only will be notified by mail.
• Plays that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
The New England Theatre Conference, Inc.
Aurand Harris Playwriting Award
167 Cherry Street, #331
Milford, CT 06460
firstname.lastname@example.org (617) 851-8535