Deadline March 27 2018
All submissions should follow the following general instructions. Submissions that do not follow the following will be eliminated from consideration.
1. Submit the appropriate Google form for your submission found elsewhere on this site.
2. After submitting the Google form, email your submission as a PDF document to EgbertRoddenWA (@) gmail (dot) com.
3. Title your submission with your family name and title of piece. For example, if John Smith's story is called "Happy Dog Day," the document should be sent as SmithHappyDogDay.pdf.
4. All submissions should include full contact information on the first page.
5. All submissions should be paginated.
6. All prose submissions should include an accurate word count. Play submissions do not need a word count but should use standard play format.
Dan I Rodden Jr embraced the variety and challenge of life fully. His care for others extended to his sons, daughters-in-law, and his grandchildren.
Submissions for the award must be unproduced or scheduled for production at the time of submission.
Plays must be at least 75 minutes in length.
Musicals are ineligible.
Subject matter is open but excessive violence, language, abusive or sexual content will be rejected. Plays that contain blasphemy directed at any religion will not be read and rejected immediately.
2018 Entry Form
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- Triskelion Arts' Experimental Works Program
- The Arch and Bruce Brown Foundation grant guidelin...
- Punk Monkey Productions seeking one-act plays
- The Business of Theater Workshop
- 2018 Glassco Translation Residency
- Aberrant Theatre is currently seeking short, horro...
- Life-sized Meme productions seeks scripts for 2018...
- Ox-Bow 2018 Fall Writers Residency
- Keegan Boiler Room Series Play and Musical Submiss...
- Happy World Theater Day March 27
- Fade To Black Play Festival
- The Dr. Floyd Gaffney Playwriting Competition 2018...
- Fourth Annual End of The Road New Short Play Festi...
- THEATRE503 PLAYWRITING AWARD 2018
- 9th Annual Festival of Shorts
- Manhattan Rep's SHORT PLAY PROJECT Spring 2018
- Coachella Review seeks drama
- Open Space Arts seeking submissions
- Seeing Between the Lines: The Dramaturg’s Perspect...
- 48-Hour Musicals
- 9Thirty Theatre Company submission guidelines
- Discount tickets: LATER LIFE
- 13th Annual One Act Play Festival (OAPF)
- Rover Dramawerks is seeking full-length comedies o...
- Theatre Conspiracy Annual New Play Contest
- RENEGADE N.O.W. 2018
- Turn to Flesh seeks plays with female protagonists...
- Matchstick Theatre seeks plays
- 21st Annual Aurand Harris Memorial Playwriting Awa...
- Athena Project - Plays in Progress Series
- The P73 Playwriting Fellowship
- THE LESLIE SCALAPINO AWARD FOR INNOVATIVE WOMEN PE...
- Dan I Rodden Jr Play Award
- Brockport Festival of Ten XI
- Playwrights Week at The Lark
- Manhattan Rep's Playwright's Showcase
- 2018 NATIONAL CALL FOR SCRIPTS Environ Justice
- This Round’s On Us: The - Making Sense - Festival ...
- The Petaluma Radio Players seeks plays for radio
- Babes with Blades submission guidelines
- Princess Grace Awards Playwriting Fellowship
- Call for Monologues: Illuminated Dresses
- Scranton Fringe Festival 2018
- Screenwriting Workshop at Primary Stages ESPA
- Whiskey Radio Hour seeks 10-minute plays
- Sixth Theatre Brut Short-Play Festival
- Clutch Productions offers commission to emerging f...
- Elite Theatre Company One-Act Play Writing Competi...
- The Blank Theatre Young Playwrights Festival
- ▼ March (49)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)