- We will accept only the first 150 full-length plays (at least 60 pages).
- The submission window is open from March 19 to 31 or until 150 plays have been received.
- Comedies or farces only! No musicals or dramas, and no one-person shows.
- Please include a cast list and brief synopsis.
- Scripts must be in PDF format and without the author’s name and contact info anywhere on the script or in the file name (i.e. this is a blind submission process).
- Plays may have been previously produced but not in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex.
- If previously produced, please include a production history.
- Plays may not have been published other than on NPX or via download on a personal website. This includes self-publication or in anthologies.
- Do not submit a play that you have sent to us previously!
- Submissions will ONLY be accepted using the form provided: https://form.jotform.com/roverdramawerks/new-play-contest-no-4
Rover Dramawerks performs in a reconfigurable black box theatre that seats 90-130. Please take this into consideration when presenting your work to us for consideration. We also strongly encourage you to check out our website at www.roverdramawerks.com to see the types of plays we generally produce.
The judges reserve the right not to award prizes or productions if they feel the caliber of plays received does not warrant a winner.