Application period is between the 1st and the 30th April every year.
The Republic and Canton of Geneva, in partnership with Laps association, founded the Embassy of Foreign Artists – residency for foreign artists in 2012. With the participation of foreign creators, local artists and cultural institutions in Geneva, this project aims to create an interactive network that will encourage the development of new approaches and reflections.
EoFA residency programme is a site for cross-disciplinary research and creativity in Geneva. Our spaces foster all stages of the creative process, from initial experimentation and reflection to the showcasing of finalized work. The conception and production are important stages and we offer the public the possibility to follow them and to engage with the artists in order to better understand their practices.
We place a particular focus on the quality of our projects and we consider our activities as tools for emancipation and alternatives to globalized culture. Our role is to offer support and a space for innovative and critical practices that engage with these fields and form a part of the reflection of our society.
Our house has four bedrooms as well as several common spaces: bathrooms, a kitchen, a dining room, and a living room. The EoFA suites can accommodate three residents at a time for a period of three or six months. The fourth suite is reserved for local associations and institutions as accommodation for their visiting artists for periods of at least one month. The stay provides:
– A private room as well as a working space and access to common areas shared with other residents.
– A residency of three or six months (the desired length of stay must be specified on the Application Questionnaire).
– A grant of 1200.- Swiss francs per month for the length of the stay.
Requirements for applicants
Candidates must respond to the following criteria:
– The open call is addressed to all professional artists coming from following artistic fields: performing arts, visual arts and applied arts (fine arts, dance, theatre, music, literature, comics, cinema, etc.). Cultural practitioners, active in the research of contemporary cultural practices, such as curators, play writers, set designer or from other fields and applied disciplines (architecture, design) are also invited to apply.
– Be in possession of a wide range of creations, publications and performances at a professional level.
– Not be currently registered in a basic artistic training course.
– Not be living in Geneva/Geneva region.
– Speak English.
– Be above the age of 28 years in the year of the residency.
– Accept and agree to pay costs related to their travel and artistic production.
A jury will select Grant beneficiaries. Candidates will be informed of the jury’s decision by beginning of July 2019. It is not possible to appeal the jury’s decision.
Allocation of the grant and residency are dependent on the obtainment by the candidate of a residence permit for Switzerland and proof of insurance covering medical assistance and accidents in Swiss territory during the period of stay in Geneva.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- 4th STREET THEATER FIFTH ANNUAL TEN PLAY FESTIVAL
- Chicago's City Lit Theater's "Art of Adaptation Fe...
- Seeking 10-minute plays for show at Lucky Jacks on...
- Seeking Submissions for the 2018 Midwest Dramatist...
- The Chameleon Theatre Circle announces its 19th An...
- Barrington Stage Company New Play Award
- BMI Theatre Workshop
- Embassy of Foreign Artists
- New Voices Series seeks one-act scripts
- Dramatists Guild Foundation
- ALOHA THEATRE SEEKS SCRIPTS FOR 25TH ANNUAL ORIGIN...
- PLAYLAB CLASS OF 2019
- Summer Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- TBT seeks full-length plays
- Thespian Production is seeking one-act plays
- The Ten-Minute Musicals Project
- PROBLEMATIC PLAY FESTIVAL
- Manhattan Rep's Summer One Act Play Competition 20...
- American Stage’s 21st Century Voices: 2019 New Pla...
- Studio Players 5th Annual 10-Minute Play Festival
- Parsnip Ship seeks plays for 2018
- 8th Annual Shakespeare's Birthday Sonnet Slam
- Acadiana Repertory Theatre seeks plays and musical...
- The Gate Project
- Gladstone Library Writers in Residence 2019
- Theatre Topics submission guidelines
- OnStage!festival, a new Festival of American Theat...
- Sultan Padamsee Award for Playwriting 2018
- 51st Annual John Gassner Memorial Playwriting Awar...
- Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival – NY...
- PLAYWRIGHTS' LAB ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBER...
- Falso Mutis presents: First Open Call: Playwriting...
- #metoo Plays - 10-minute plays wanted
- Going To The River Festival 2018
- 2018 Third Annual One-Act Playwriting Jamboree
- Small Fish Radio submission guidelines
- Florida Theatrical Association announces the 2018 ...
- Roaring Epiphany Production Company seeks playwrig...
- Protest Plays' Get Out the Vote! Initiative
- Theatre Southwest 21th Annual Theatre Southwest Fe...
- Seeking short astrology-themed pieces for publicat...
- MadLab full-length submissions
- Everyday Inferno Theatre Co. Annual Outdoor Park S...
- Gi60 2018
- The 2018 Rockford New Play Festival
- Reclamation 2018 Plays written by and about Elders...
- ▼ April (46)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)