MORDECAI HISTORIC PARK was one of the largest plantations in eastern North Carolina. on July 21 we will present works by and about elders of color on the front steps of the original big house. These works will be read by local performers and the playwrights themselves.
Are you playwright of color over 50? Are you a playwright with a short play or monologue about elders of color? We want to present your work! Check out the call for works!
We are seeking 3-10 minute plays and monologues written by or about elders of color on the theme of "reclamation". We are defining elders as age 50 and older. These pieces will be performed on July 21, 2018 at Mordecai Historic Park in Raleigh, North Carolina. Mordecai Historic Park was once one of the largest plantations in Eastern North Carolina and the production will be staged on the front steps of the original big house.
Pieces should be original, previously unpublished works with 5 characters or less and minimal tech.You must have the rights and permissions for any unoriginal material in your piece.
Compensation is $50.
To submit, please send an email to MOJOAApac@gmal.com with your name and phone number in the body of the email and attach your piece. All submissions are due by April 13, 2018 at 11:59pm EST. You will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours and notified about the acceptance of your piece by May 15, 2018. Email questions to MOJOAApac@gmail.com.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- 4th STREET THEATER FIFTH ANNUAL TEN PLAY FESTIVAL
- Chicago's City Lit Theater's "Art of Adaptation Fe...
- Seeking 10-minute plays for show at Lucky Jacks on...
- Seeking Submissions for the 2018 Midwest Dramatist...
- The Chameleon Theatre Circle announces its 19th An...
- Barrington Stage Company New Play Award
- BMI Theatre Workshop
- Embassy of Foreign Artists
- New Voices Series seeks one-act scripts
- Dramatists Guild Foundation
- ALOHA THEATRE SEEKS SCRIPTS FOR 25TH ANNUAL ORIGIN...
- PLAYLAB CLASS OF 2019
- Summer Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- TBT seeks full-length plays
- Thespian Production is seeking one-act plays
- The Ten-Minute Musicals Project
- PROBLEMATIC PLAY FESTIVAL
- Manhattan Rep's Summer One Act Play Competition 20...
- American Stage’s 21st Century Voices: 2019 New Pla...
- Studio Players 5th Annual 10-Minute Play Festival
- Parsnip Ship seeks plays for 2018
- 8th Annual Shakespeare's Birthday Sonnet Slam
- Acadiana Repertory Theatre seeks plays and musical...
- The Gate Project
- Gladstone Library Writers in Residence 2019
- Theatre Topics submission guidelines
- OnStage!festival, a new Festival of American Theat...
- Sultan Padamsee Award for Playwriting 2018
- 51st Annual John Gassner Memorial Playwriting Awar...
- Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival – NY...
- PLAYWRIGHTS' LAB ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBER...
- Falso Mutis presents: First Open Call: Playwriting...
- #metoo Plays - 10-minute plays wanted
- Going To The River Festival 2018
- 2018 Third Annual One-Act Playwriting Jamboree
- Small Fish Radio submission guidelines
- Florida Theatrical Association announces the 2018 ...
- Roaring Epiphany Production Company seeks playwrig...
- Protest Plays' Get Out the Vote! Initiative
- Theatre Southwest 21th Annual Theatre Southwest Fe...
- Seeking short astrology-themed pieces for publicat...
- MadLab full-length submissions
- Everyday Inferno Theatre Co. Annual Outdoor Park S...
- Gi60 2018
- The 2018 Rockford New Play Festival
- Reclamation 2018 Plays written by and about Elders...
- ▼ April (46)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)