Studio Players, Kentucky’s Oldest Community-Involved Theater, located in Lexington, is proud to announce their 5th Annual 10-Minute Play Festival, to be performed in July 2016. We are looking for 7 strong, entertaining plays to feature so, once again, we are holding a competition. This competition is for 10-minute plays only; it is open to any playwright. The judges will be members of the Studio Players theater community: board members, directors and patrons.
The rules are simple and are as follows:
1. Any playwright may enter; only one script per playwright.
2. The play must be a 10 minute play (meaning it will be approximately 10 pages long).
3. All plays should be emailed, with a separate cover page, with: play's title, author's name, email address, mailing address and phone number. The play itself should only have the title; no identifying information contained in or on the 10 page script.
4. To be considered, each script must be received by April 15th.
5. The contest is open to the first 300 entries received.
6. Winning entrants agree to a full production of their scripts.
That's it! The top 7 scripts (as determined by the judges) will be performed by active members of the Bluegrass theater community. Each play will be a fully realized, staged production; each performance showing all winning scripts. The 7 Selected playwrights will each receive $250 in prize money.
All entries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "10-min play fest" in the header.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Sunday, April 15, 2018
- 4th STREET THEATER FIFTH ANNUAL TEN PLAY FESTIVAL
- Chicago's City Lit Theater's "Art of Adaptation Fe...
- Seeking 10-minute plays for show at Lucky Jacks on...
- Seeking Submissions for the 2018 Midwest Dramatist...
- The James Stevenson Prize for Short Plays
- The Chameleon Theatre Circle announces its 19th An...
- Barrington Stage Company New Play Award
- BMI Theatre Workshop
- Embassy of Foreign Artists
- New Voices Series seeks one-act scripts
- Dramatists Guild Foundation
- ALOHA THEATRE SEEKS SCRIPTS FOR 25TH ANNUAL ORIGIN...
- PLAYLAB CLASS OF 2019
- Summer Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- TBT seeks full-length plays
- Thespian Production is seeking one-act plays
- The Ten-Minute Musicals Project
- PROBLEMATIC PLAY FESTIVAL
- Manhattan Rep's Summer One Act Play Competition 20...
- American Stage’s 21st Century Voices: 2019 New Pla...
- Studio Players 5th Annual 10-Minute Play Festival
- Parsnip Ship seeks plays for 2018
- 8th Annual Shakespeare's Birthday Sonnet Slam
- Acadiana Repertory Theatre seeks plays and musical...
- The Gate Project
- Gladstone Library Writers in Residence 2019
- Theatre Topics submission guidelines
- OnStage!festival, a new Festival of American Theat...
- Sultan Padamsee Award for Playwriting 2018
- 51st Annual John Gassner Memorial Playwriting Awar...
- Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival – NY...
- PLAYWRIGHTS' LAB ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBER...
- Falso Mutis presents: First Open Call: Playwriting...
- #metoo Plays - 10-minute plays wanted
- Going To The River Festival 2018
- 2018 Third Annual One-Act Playwriting Jamboree
- Small Fish Radio submission guidelines
- Florida Theatrical Association announces the 2018 ...
- Roaring Epiphany Production Company seeks playwrig...
- Protest Plays' Get Out the Vote! Initiative
- Theatre Southwest 21th Annual Theatre Southwest Fe...
- Nylon Fusion Theatre Company This Round's on us: C...
- Seeking short astrology-themed pieces for publicat...
- MadLab full-length submissions
- Everyday Inferno Theatre Co. Annual Outdoor Park S...
- Gi60 2018
- The 2018 Rockford New Play Festival
- Reclamation 2018 Plays written by and about Elders...
- ▼ April (48)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)