Call For Submissions
The LIC One Act Festival 2018 July 9th - July 29
Apply here: https://form.jotform.com/80866877514976
The LIC One Act Festival 2018 is now accepting submissions for the 2018 festival.
Deadline for submissions is May 28th and acceptances will be awarded from now until May 28th, i.e.: We will be reading plays as they come in and notifying before the deadline passes. Early submission advised. We are ideally looking for plays that are 10 – 20 minutes in length.
The LIC One Act Festival 2018 is a self-producing competition style one-act play festival. The plays are divided into up to four different programs. Each program will run 5-6 times with four of those performances being evening performances. The Audience will vote for best plays. Those scores will be averaged to insure that everyone has a fair chance regardless of audience size.
The top six to 10 nominated plays will compete on February 3rd at 7:30pm for Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director and Best Play. Best Actor wins $50, Actress $50, Director $50 and Best Play $100. We also intend to invite the finalists to have their play published in a short play anthology. This would be a non-exclusive deal, which doesn’t prevent the author from pursuing a deal with Samuel French for example and is not mandatory.
All types of short play are considered, but please remember to keep the staging simple with minimal set and props. We will be using the theatre’s standard lighting plot and will provide you with a light and soundboard operator. In addition we will offer free 2-hour rehearsal space to each show from July 2nd - 8th, which is subject to availability and on a first come first served.
The LIC One Act Festival 2018 plans to run a rotating schedule of performances beginning Thursday, July 12th through Saturday July 28th. Each Play is responsible for providing their Director and Actors for their production.
Break a leg! Equity Showcases permitted but acts will obtain their own code; The Secret Theatre will provide Equity compliant Insurance to the productions.
Scripts may be submitted to:
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- The 8th Annual Unfringed Festival Call For Submiss...
- New Play Contest: Interfaith & Religious Diversity...
- The Furnace Festival Applications
- EXIT STRATEGIES - A Ten-Minute International Play ...
- The Dennis & Victoria Ross Foundation Playwrights ...
- Christopher Hewitt Award
- Distilled Theatre Company Presents dtc radio Seaso...
- Winneshiek Theater seeks fractured fairy tales
- The Ingenious Grant for Playwriting
- 2018 Marion Thauer Brown Audio Drama Scriptwriting...
- The New Group submission guidelines
- The Lanesboro Artist Residency Program
- 5th Wall Productions 2018-2019 Staged Reading Seri...
- Spicy Witch seeks writer-in-residence
- Summer Shortcuts VIII
- PICK OF THE VINE – Season 17 (2019)
- ReOrient 2019: Call for Plays
- Talking Stick Festival seeks first nations art pro...
- The Nick Darke Award 2018
- Quantum Dragon Theatre (San Francisco) submission ...
- 7TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL PLAYWRIGHT FESTIVAL
- Fundamentals of Playwriting at Primary Stages ESPA...
- CoHo Lab
- Theatre Evolve: BEYOND THE CURTAIN (Chicago)
- BoxFest Detroit Festival 2018
- THE THEATER COLLECTIVE is seeking submissions for ...
- The Monologue Project at the Dramatists Guild 2018...
- Edgemar Center for the Arts seeking play submissio...
- Expand Your Short Play Portfolio at Primary Stages...
- EVCT Aspiring Playwrights 2018
- Barrington Collective freedom plays
- Manhattan Rep's SUMMER NEW WORKS 2018
- Medicine Show Theatre LAB First Annual Queer Fest
- The New York New Works Theatre Festival 2018
- Write Now New Plays Competition and Workshop seek...
- The Relentless Award 2018
- Write Your Next First Draft this Summer at Primary...
- The LIC One Act Festival 2018
- ▼ May (38)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)