APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 15TH, 2018
SUBMISSIONS ARE FREE
IF your project is chosen to participate in the festival there will be an $897.00 participation fee that is used to defray a portion of the costs.
The New York New Works Theatre Festival has aggregated leaders in the television and theatre communities who donate their time to review and work with the leading writers of tomorrow.
Performing in the heart of Times Square's celebrated theatre district (2017 took place at the Duke Theatre), NYNW has made a point of selecting pieces that are considered of the upper echelon of talent that the industry has to offer; participants range from those still in school, to television celebrities, to Broadway stars, to Broadway revivals. All styles are represented i.e. plays, musicals, and comedies. Several of our applicants have even adapted screenplays for the stage to expose their writing to Festival attendees whose work focuses on film and television.
Performance lengths are to be between 10 and 26 minutes as the feedback has been that investors can tell within moments if it is a piece of work that they wish to participate in and appreciate being able to see several investment worthy performances in one evening. Many past performances are full length in nature however, were abbreviated for this showcase; many are one acts.
Great lengths are taken to create an environment that is conducive for developing relationships with various producers. In 2017, the Festival absorbed the expense for four gatherings that included some semblance of food, open bar, and legitimate decision makers in the industry. Our success page speaks for itself and represents the relationships that have developed.
Several shows have seen success. From last season alone, multiple participants are heading to Off Broadway and 2 have been partnered up with Producers from the Festival to assist them on their journey to Broadway; since inception over 25 NYNW participants are progressing to the next level. This year a documentary team will be chronicling the Broadway / Silver Screen journey of many NYNW participants. Please identify in your application interesting, "story worthy" notes that make your submission special.
Once your application has been submitted please remember to email your script / cover letter / photos to email@example.com . "Like" our FaceBook page and follow our Instagram account for updates!
The Festival commences late Summer / early Fall of 2018!
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- The 8th Annual Unfringed Festival Call For Submiss...
- New Play Contest: Interfaith & Religious Diversity...
- The Furnace Festival Applications
- EXIT STRATEGIES - A Ten-Minute International Play ...
- The Dennis & Victoria Ross Foundation Playwrights ...
- Christopher Hewitt Award
- Distilled Theatre Company Presents dtc radio Seaso...
- Winneshiek Theater seeks fractured fairy tales
- The Ingenious Grant for Playwriting
- 2018 Marion Thauer Brown Audio Drama Scriptwriting...
- The New Group submission guidelines
- The Lanesboro Artist Residency Program
- 5th Wall Productions 2018-2019 Staged Reading Seri...
- Spicy Witch seeks writer-in-residence
- Summer Shortcuts VIII
- PICK OF THE VINE – Season 17 (2019)
- ReOrient 2019: Call for Plays
- Talking Stick Festival seeks first nations art pro...
- The Nick Darke Award 2018
- Quantum Dragon Theatre (San Francisco) submission ...
- 7TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL PLAYWRIGHT FESTIVAL
- Fundamentals of Playwriting at Primary Stages ESPA...
- CoHo Lab
- Theatre Evolve: BEYOND THE CURTAIN (Chicago)
- BoxFest Detroit Festival 2018
- THE THEATER COLLECTIVE is seeking submissions for ...
- The Monologue Project at the Dramatists Guild 2018...
- Edgemar Center for the Arts seeking play submissio...
- Expand Your Short Play Portfolio at Primary Stages...
- EVCT Aspiring Playwrights 2018
- Barrington Collective freedom plays
- Manhattan Rep's SUMMER NEW WORKS 2018
- Medicine Show Theatre LAB First Annual Queer Fest
- The New York New Works Theatre Festival 2018
- Write Now New Plays Competition and Workshop seek...
- The Relentless Award 2018
- Write Your Next First Draft this Summer at Primary...
- The LIC One Act Festival 2018
- ▼ May (38)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)