APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 15TH, 2018
SUBMISSIONS ARE FREE
IF your project is chosen to participate in the festival there will be an $897.00 participation fee that is used to defray a portion of the costs.
The New York New Works Theatre Festival has aggregated leaders in the television and theatre communities who donate their time to review and work with the leading writers of tomorrow.
Performing in the heart of Times Square's celebrated theatre district (2017 took place at the Duke Theatre), NYNW has made a point of selecting pieces that are considered of the upper echelon of talent that the industry has to offer; participants range from those still in school, to television celebrities, to Broadway stars, to Broadway revivals. All styles are represented i.e. plays, musicals, and comedies. Several of our applicants have even adapted screenplays for the stage to expose their writing to Festival attendees whose work focuses on film and television.
Performance lengths are to be between 10 and 26 minutes as the feedback has been that investors can tell within moments if it is a piece of work that they wish to participate in and appreciate being able to see several investment worthy performances in one evening. Many past performances are full length in nature however, were abbreviated for this showcase; many are one acts.
Great lengths are taken to create an environment that is conducive for developing relationships with various producers. In 2017, the Festival absorbed the expense for four gatherings that included some semblance of food, open bar, and legitimate decision makers in the industry. Our success page speaks for itself and represents the relationships that have developed.
Several shows have seen success. From last season alone, multiple participants are heading to Off Broadway and 2 have been partnered up with Producers from the Festival to assist them on their journey to Broadway; since inception over 25 NYNW participants are progressing to the next level. This year a documentary team will be chronicling the Broadway / Silver Screen journey of many NYNW participants. Please identify in your application interesting, "story worthy" notes that make your submission special.
Once your application has been submitted please remember to email your script / cover letter / photos to email@example.com . "Like" our FaceBook page and follow our Instagram account for updates!
The Festival commences late Summer / early Fall of 2018!
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- The Lanesboro Artist Residency Program
- 5th Wall Productions 2018-2019 Staged Reading Seri...
- The Robert J. Pickering Award for Playwriting Exce...
- Spicy Witch seeks writer-in-residence
- Summer Shortcuts VIII
- PICK OF THE VINE – Season 17 (2019)
- South Street Players 8th Annual Tri-State Theatre ...
- ReOrient 2019: Call for Plays
- Talking Stick Festival seeks first nations art pro...
- Pen America Writing for Justice Fellowship
- The Nick Darke Award 2018
- Join the NYCPlaywrights Mailing List
- Quantum Dragon Theatre (San Francisco) submission ...
- 7TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL PLAYWRIGHT FESTIVAL
- Fundamentals of Playwriting at Primary Stages ESPA...
- CoHo Lab
- Phoenix Theatre seeks plays & musicals
- BSC Ten Minute Playwriting Competition 2018: "What...
- American Stage’s 21st Century Voices: 2019 New Pla...
- Christopher Hewitt Award
- North Park Playwright Festival
- Theatre Evolve: BEYOND THE CURTAIN (Chicago)
- JETFest 2018
- EXIT STRATEGIES - A Ten-Minute International Play ...
- 11th International Festival of Horror Radio Plays
- Därkhorse Drämatists “Tales from the Script” 2018
- BoxFest Detroit Festival 2018
- THE THEATER COLLECTIVE is seeking submissions for ...
- LezPlay Writing Contest
- Theatre Three 22nd Annual Festival of One-Act Play...
- REVA SHINER COMEDY AWARD
- 2018 Marion Thauer Brown Audio Drama Scriptwriting...
- Distilled Theatre Company Presents dtc radio Seaso...
- The Monologue Project at the Dramatists Guild 2018...
- Mario Fratti-Fred Newman Political Play Contest 20...
- Edgemar Center for the Arts seeking play submissio...
- Expand Your Short Play Portfolio at Primary Stages...
- EVCT Aspiring Playwrights 2018
- The Ingenious Grant for Playwriting
- Barrington Collective freedom plays
- Manhattan Rep's SUMMER NEW WORKS 2018
- Medicine Show Theatre LAB First Annual Queer Fest
- The New York New Works Theatre Festival 2018
- Write Now New Plays Competition and Workshop seek...
- The Relentless Award 2018
- Write Your Next First Draft this Summer at Primary...
- The 8th Annual Unfringed Festival Call For Submiss...
- The LIC One Act Festival 2018
- ▼ May (48)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)