Whether you're writing your first play or your hundredth, it's not always easy to set the creative wheels in motion. This 8-week class at Primary Stages ESPA will guide you through the development of your first draft.
Faculty and Start Dates
June 6: Section A with Winter Miller (Writer, In Darfur at The Public)
June 6: Section E with Liz Duffy Adams (Writer, Or, at Women’s Project)
June 18: Section C with Chisa Hutchinson (Writer, Somebody’s Daughter at Second Stage)
July 8: Section B with Eddie Sanchez (Writer, Barefoot Boy with Shoes On at Primary Stages)
This class might be for you if you:
- Are a playwright of any level looking to start the first draft of your new play.
- Are starting out in the world of playwriting or want to write your first play.
- Want concrete deadlines and constructive feedback to encourage you to get your ideas on the page.
In this class you will:
- Bring in new pages to hear them read aloud in class.
- Strengthen your writing skills with exercises and assignments from your instructor.
- Engage in discussion with fellow writers, making connections with your artistic peers.
By the end of this class you will:
- Have a solid start on—or even complete!—a first draft of a full-length play.
- Be ready for our Completing Your Draft class!
Our award-winning faculty, comprised of working professionals in the field, provides practical skills and expert guidance in a collaborative community atmosphere.
Primary Stages ESPA provides students easy and convenient payment plans to break up tuition. For more information, call 212.840.9705 x215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.