The Artistic Statement is a deeply dreaded, but required, field of most playwright development opportunities. This 2-day workshop will help you conquer the overwhelming task of writing about yourself and your work.
Instructor: Stefanie Zadravec (Writer, The Electric Baby at Two River Theatre Company)
Saturday, June 23 and Sunday, June 24 11:00am – 3:00pm
This workshop might be for you if:
- You are applying or planning to apply to play development labs, conferences, MFA programs, grants, or fellowships that require an artistic statement.
- Your current artistic statement isn’t highlighting your unique voice and vital perspective.
In this workshop you will:
- Create a mock application essay prior to the start of the workshop as a jumping-off point.
- Complete writing exercises and participate in class discussion to learn how to make your statement—and your application as a whole—more competitive.
- Discuss practical tips on articulating how your work is special and relevant.
By the end of this workshop you will have
- A solid working draft of a compelling artistic statement.
- The know-how to mold and reshape your artistic statement to complement any application.
Our award-winning faculty, comprised of working professionals in the field, provides practical skills and expert guidance in a collaborative community atmosphere.